The word "Islam" is Arabic for "submission to Allah".
Every language has one or more terms that are used in reference to God and sometimes to lesser deities.
This is not the case with the word ‘Allah’. Allah is the personal name of the One True God. Nothing else can be called Allah.
The term has no plural or gender. This shows its exclusivity when compared to the word ‘god’ which can be made plural, i.e. ‘gods’ or feminine, i.e. ‘goddess’.
It is interesting to note that Allah is the personal name of God in Aramaic, the language of Jesus (p).
The word Allah is a reflection of the unique concept that Islam associates with God. To a Muslim, Allah is the Almighty, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, who is similar to none and nothing is comparable to Him.
Some non-Muslims allege that the
Nothing can be farther from the truth than this allegation. It is enough to know that with the exception of one, each of the 114 chapters of the Qur’an begins with the verse: “In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful”.
In one of the God is more loving and kinder than a mother to her dear child.”(p) we are told: “
The basic belief:
The basic belief of Muslims is that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is his final messenger...
Muslims believe in all messengers sent by "Allah" including Muhammad, Jesus and Moses (as they are all considered as messengers in Islam)...
And Muslims believe in all holy scriptures sent by "Allah" including Quran, Bible and Torah (where Bible and Torah are considered corrupted now and not containing the original script sent by "Allah")...
Islam has over one billion followers all over the world. Prophet Muhammad, who received the Holy Scriptures of Islam, the Quran, from "Allah" C. AD 610, was the founder...
Islam maintains that Muhammad is the last in a long line of holy prophets, preceded by Adam, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.
A Muslim has to believe in:
- All these messengers and the holy scriptures sent to them including(Bible and Torah).
- That Muhammad is the final messenger and prophet.
- And that the complete and final holy scripture for all humanity from Allah is Quran.
In addition to being devoted to Quran, followers of Islam (Muslims) are devoted to the worship of Allah through the Five Pillars and the statement which are:
- The Statement: "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is his prophet(messenger)".
- Practices include prayer, conducted five times a day while facing Mecca direction;
- The giving of alms;
- The keeping of the fast of Ramadan (the ninth month of the Muslim year "Hijri year");
- And the making of a pilgrimage at least once in lifetime to Mecca, IF POSSIBLE.
A Muslim is only responsible on the doom day of his own sins not his parents', not his children and not his ancestors. Only his sins, which may be forgiven after all, or out-weighted by his good deeds :)
- To get more information about Islam http://islam-heart.blogspot.com/2008/09/info-about-islam.html
- Leave your comments for any further inquiries ...